Translate

Friday 12 June 2009

First Big Temari



I recently purchased the instructions for this temari from Barb's site. I believe it is very reasonably priced given the wealth of information that comes in the file. When I read through the file I was amazed the mari was so big (42cm Circ). It worried me a little so I put this aside for a while but decided to start this week.


The largest temari I usually make is hand sized (approx 25-27 cm Circ) so I found this one quite a challenge to wrap and due to its' weight (even with a Styro core) when it popped out of my hands it really raced across the floor. It took less time than I expected to make and I was surprised how quickly it got wrapped and marked. If you can't understand how to do a C10 project I can recommend you try this. The instructions are really clear and there are plenty of references to the shape of the faces you should be seeing on the ball. I can't tell you what was louder, the rain outside or the sound of all the pennys dropping.


I needed to give myself time off from stitching during this project (with deep heat on my right arm - I am a temari addict but couldn't stitch through the pain) but I really like how it turned out.


My poor husband suggested perhaps this is one to say goodbye to - not sure if it is the pink colours or the fact it is so big and there is no place to put it in our house. He was a little perturbed by the sight of the next one getting wrapped when he woke this morning.
The second one pictured below is in purples maybe I will make a third in either the suggested colours or maybe in reds and oranges.

In other news..... I have purchased the Japanese Language Cosmo books 1, 2 and 3 from Ebay. These should arrive just in time to be a birthday prezzie to myself. Yay!! Also I got a great deal on Amazon.jp for the Cosmo books 4, 5, 6, and 7. They should be here a few weeks later as they were quoted to ship in 2-4 weeks.
Rebecca

No comments:

Post a Comment