Translate

Saturday 6 February 2010

Temari Challenge HHG (Hite Hude Gake) Stitch Along

Debi A (who is a member of  the TC Yahoo group) is conducting a stitching challenge for HHG as a design. We are working it on a 32 center ball. The challenge began on Feb 1st so if you are not a member of TC now is the time to join and get involved.  You will find all the information needed on the TC group.

I am working my ball on a red base which I have marked into 32 centers with red metallic thread.  I must admit I have never made a 32 marking before but I was determined to participate in this challenge.  I have previously looked at marking this division but after looking at the instructions my brain would fog over and I'd begin to feel the rotation of the earth then I would need to lie down with a cool cloth on my forehead.

This time I was not going to be beaten, so I printed off Barb Suess' instruction for 32 center marking (also found on the TC group) and read them through.  I marked the C10 on my base and then a little light went on in my head and I realised that all I needed to do was divide the sides of the 6 part triangles into 3 and make 5 point star shapes using these divisions.  How had I not seen it before??

I have learned to 'just keep swimming' and always revisit the temari patterns I had previously thought were too hard to do... at some stage they will seem quite obvious.

No comments:

Post a Comment