Translate

Tuesday 7 June 2011

Today I made...

Lip Balm!!!
All this cost just $10.50 and 15 minutes of my time
After school drop off this morning I stopped at the local chemist to purchase a shower cap. My old one had a rip in it so I threw it out.


Long Hair + Winter + Shower = Head Colds + Sore Neck

I can not believe it was the fourth store I had visited looking for a new one. Don't people use these any more or are they so popular everyone has sold out? I must be old fashioned or really hip... you pick I don't really care both have their merits. 

Anyway... I thought about picking up a new lip balm at the counter when I paid. But then I thought I probably had all the stuff I needed at home because I had purchased a bunch lip balm containers, bases etc last year. So after 10 minutes of looking through my supplies I found all the things I needed and set up to make them.

I used a little bit of pink colourant and some vanilla flavour oil. In less than 10 minutes I had made more lip balm than I can possibly use in the next 3 years and I still have heaps of ingredients left over for another batch. 

The balm feels lovely on my lips too, yippee no dry winter lips.

2 comments:

  1. woah..thats great..can you teach me how to make your own lip balm?lol =D

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lip balm is actually quite easy to make. You can google up tutorials on the net. You can visit this link for a cool recipe.
    http://www.soapqueen.com/bath-and-body-tutorials/lip-products/mother-days-lip-balm-passionfruit-rose-2/

    ReplyDelete