Translate

Thursday 1 March 2012

Oh the disappointment! But hooray for surprises!

Today we had our car booked in for servicing. The dealership's service centre is too far away to walk home, they had no courtesy cars available and I am too cheap to pay for 2 taxi rides so I planned to settle in the customer lounge to spend a few hours stitching on my current temari project. What a great idea, a block of several hours devoted (guilt free) to temari stitching.

I packed my supplies into my little project bag and after school drop off I headed to the service centre... Sometime later I plopped down into a sofa and opened my bag. I pulled out the pattern page, the temari and threads and felt around for the tekobari case (where I stash a few needles when travelling) in the bottom of the bag.

Uh Oh!!! Where the heck was it??? I knew I picked the case up off the coffee table this morning, I was fairly sure I put it into the bag and seeing as the bag is free from holes I can only conclude that the tekobari case (and therefore my needles) are on the floor in my lounge room.

Dang it! I could've cried! My planned pleasant stitching activity had been substituted with watching ridiculous morning television... with Larry Emdur. Ugh! This show is rated 1 star (abysmal) In the mean time the other two customers in the waiting room were engrossed in reading Narnia and the West Australia newspaper. Boo hoo hoo!!! That is like pouring salt in the wound.

I would have gone for a walk down to the commercial centre a few kilometres away but I was wearing heels and had forgotten to apply sunscreen so I was quite certain I'd be burnt to a crisp by the time I walked back. I did have a bus pass, but I almost always get lost when I catch a bus. I was bored! Bored!! Bored!!! Not even hearing that Prince Charles and Camilla are annoyed with each other and living apart or Larry's gaffe about Angelina Jolie to one of her friends (who was a guest on his show today) cheered me up. If only I'd organised a back up activity... my Learning Japanese on Nintendo DS, or my latest Dexter (Jeff Lindsay) book.

After a while I did begin handwriting this post and I noticed that my writing has become quite disgusting over the last few years. Thank goodness for the pen and paper though.

My primary school teacher would not be amused.
Just as I was wishing a fairy godmother would come and rescue me from my boredom, my phone rang. It was my Mum, telling me she had come to spend some time with me... and she was just outside dealership. Awesome! I'd been spared from my boredom... I just needed to walk from Nissan service centre to the main road, then down the hill to where she was parked... outside the Mitsubishi caryard. LOL, I love you Mum!

We went to Spotlight, some furniture stores (including Domain Gallery - see what I purchased in my next post), Howard's Storage and a kitchenware store.

In the kitchenware store we discussed what we planned to do for our combined ??th birthday this year. We've decided on a grand tea party. Clattering about in the baking pan section I found a $20 Whoopie pie/Macaron pan that I had my eye on. I didn't buy it, I had already purchased something special at the discounted price of $80 at Domain Gallery. We wandered around and Mum got 2 sets of 5 plastic boxes  for about $12 per set. As we left we saw another display of the Whoopie pie pans and some recipe books on special. I picked up a pan and argued with my self about buying it on special for $15, Mum offered to buy me a cookbook if I was going to buy a pan but I said there are plenty of free recipes on the net so she got me the pan instead. 


I did try to pay for it (I've learned not to argue though because I rarely win the 'who will pay' argument) and we sealed the deal by deciding I'd bake some goodies for everyone with the pan and I'd buy us lunch. We headed to the little restaurant I went to earlier in the week . It was lovely, Mum had a small Teriyaki Chicken Bento and I had a small Ebi (Prawn) Katsu Bento. 

Before we knew it the service centre called to say my car was ready to be collected, Mum had to make the trip back home and I had to head to school for early pick up.

No comments:

Post a Comment