Translate

Tuesday 20 March 2012

Sculpture by the Sea

I've got lots to share but not much time to write about it but here is a quick post filled with pictures. Enjoy!

Last Saturday I had a girls day out with my buddy Louise. We had lunch in Cottesloe and window shopped (and also actually shopped) in some of the stores before heading down to Cottesloe Beach to see Sculpture by the Sea.

Here are some of the pieces that caught my eye. Scroll down to see something surprisingly temari-ish.

Giant Chimney (check out the 'bricks') and Archway

Left and Top by Japanese artists. Look at the seagulls admiring themselves.

This nest is so cool, I want to crawl into it. Look at the splash from the tap

Tails and the awesome shimmering wave

Australian birds on oars, the seagull thinks "meh". Love the lyrebird in front
I can't help thinking that huge one must have been a nightmare to wrap

This sculpture says it all... what a thrill to live in this great place

We had an awesome day, bumped into a few friends along the beach, got plenty of sand between our toes and enjoyed a freezing lemon slushie which was so good to eat in heat. I was exhausted by the end of the day but it was so enjoyable.

1 comment: