Translate

Friday 11 May 2012

Huston we have a problem...

Today I had my first senior moment*, and boy was it a doozy*!

I had a 30 minute window of time to visit the post office before I picked Mr W up from school today. I went in and paid for my articles and headed back out the door. I glanced at my receipt and I noticed that one article of postage had been overcharged by more than $3, OK that isn't the end of the world or anything but I pay enough money in postage on a regular basis so I turned around and went back for a refund. (no this is not the senior moment)

After a 15 minute conversation with the post master they accepted that they screwed up and gave me the refund. I figured I must have been getting short on time so I raced out to the car, clicking my unlocking clicker as I got close to the drivers door. (senior moment coming up) I thought it was weird that the central locking didn't make that unlocking sound, but thought maybe I just didn't hear it or I was too far from the car to have heard it... so I pulled on the door handle but the car was locked. Weird! Oh well maybe this was Karma for hassling the Post Office. So I clicked the clicker again, still there was no familiar sound... and the door still didn't open when I pulled the handle.

(insert senior moment here) I tried this same sequence of clicking the clicker and pulling on the door handle about 3 more times before I got fairly frustrated and for reasons unknown glanced into the car... and then I discovered the car I was attempting to get into was not actually my car! Oh for shame! The car I was trying to get into was the same colour, make and model as mine... in fact it was even parked in the same spot I had parked my car in ... yesterday. My car was actually parked across the other side of the aisle.

Here is a diagram to complete the picture of my first senior moment.


Now attempted stealing of a motor vehicle would have been fun (not!) to explain my way out of had the real owner come along and seen me trying to get into their car... or worse a police officer!

At least I still have my sense of humour intact, I nearly choked on my dinner due to laughing so hard as I told DH and Mr W this story tonight. Mr W merely rolled his eyes and sighed, that took me back about 30 years to when I used to do that as a child.


Doozy: something bigger, more difficult or more spectacular than usual.
Senior moments are lapses of memory, logic or mental function which is atypical or unusual. The individual suffering the event, may not necessarily be advanced in age. Also related are the Brain Fart, Pregnant Pause or Menopausal Moment (depending on age and experience... and I guess gender) all relate to a brief moment of loss of transmission before returning to regular programming.

I have a new temari to share next time.

1 comment:

  1. LOL!!! I'll go you one worse: One night I came out of work, REALLY late, and very tired, and walked to my normal parking area. NO CAR!! Convinced it had been stolen, I called my spouse and left a message. I was ONE BUTTON PRESS AWAY from calling the police to report it when I realized...I had gone out a different door from the building, so going up one flight of stairs in the parking garage had put me one floor lower than my normal parking area. Yup, I had even parked in my normal area...I just failed to navigate to there!! (Note: I was less than 40 at the time.)

    ReplyDelete